Senior Cybersecurity Systems Engineer
Clango has an immediate opening for a skilled systems administrator and network engineer with experience in or looking to move into cybersecurity engineering and architecture. This position is located in Arlington, VA, and will split time between internal security and engineering functions and client work in similar categories. The qualified candidate will be able to think creatively and strategically about structuring networks, directories, perimeter security, incident management, continuity of operations, risk assessment, monitoring, and frameworks, as well as perform and delegate hands-on engineering tasks in these areas. The ideal candidate should be equally comfortable working independently or on team assignments, and should be skilled at mentoring and knowledge transfer for both internal employee development and client hand-off. This position requires ongoing research and learning, both self-paced and virtual/classroom, and will require taking and passing certification tests and challenges. The position has some opportunities for travel.
- Excellent communication skills: active listener, clear and persuasive speaker, careful reader, thorough documenter, competent presenter
- Thorough familiarity with Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
- Expert-level skill with Microsoft Enterprise Architecture and services, including Active Directory, group policies, print and file services, encryption
- Familiarity with centralized endpoint protection services including application whitelisting, antivirus, antimalware
- Facility with backup services and systems and restore/recovery operations
- Skill with basic network configuration, including switching and routing, network segmentation, and VLAN
- Experience with setup and configuration of firewall policies and objects
- Familiarity with VPN setup and configuration
- VMWare virtual environment setup and management
- Amazon Web Services EC2, IAMS, VPC, S3
- Office 365 and Azure
- “DevOps” tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet
- SIEM tools such as Splunk or LogRhythm
- Multifactor Authentication mechanisms and tools such as Duo, Okta, Ping, PIV cards, RSA SecureId, etc.
- *NIX operating system setup, configuration, and management
- Identity lifecycle management (ILM) systems such as RSA IGL, Omada, Oracle IDM, OpenIDM, etc.
- Privileged account management (PAM) tools such as CyberArk, Thycotic, Beyond Trust, etc.
Clango is an Equal Opportunity Employer