Cybersecurity Engineer, Mid-Level
Fill out an application on Monster.com today!
Clango is seeking a mid-level Security Consultant to participate in a multifaceted Cyber Security team focusing on identity and access management (IAM). Initial duties will consist of installing, configuring and patching of various IAM products, such as RSA IG&L, CyberArk, and Thycotic. The candidate will also participate in general maintenance activities such as performance monitoring/tuning and troubleshooting of issues that arise with these tools in identity and access management environments. As the candidate matures they will be expected to work in an autonomous manner, taking on additional duties which include gathering, defining and refining of client requirements, solution design, creation of technical documentation, and development of customized security components.
The position is based in either Johnstown, PA, or Arlington, VA, and requires travel up to 50% of the time.
The candidate will support ongoing IAM Projects. Work independently or with other Security Consultants and our wider security team to prioritize and execute on tasks required for solution delivery. Assist in the analysis and refinement of client requirements, creation of technical documentation, product deployment and configuration, development of customized system enhancements and provide Tier 3 support.
Stay up-to-date on current security trends and practices. Train in multiple Cyber Security products. Attain vendor and industry security certifications.
Required Technical Competencies
- 1 to 3 years of experience in cybersecurity engineering
- Clear understanding of and ability to articulate principles of security engineering
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn, master, and apply use of complex apps such as ERP systems, IG&L systems, or GRC tools
- Demonstrated skill in installing and configuring complex software systems
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Fluent understanding of computer networks and domains
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability and desire to learn and master a variety of IT and security skills
- Flexible, with the ability to work independently on various technical activities and be able manage one’s time between multiple projects and activities (multi-tasking capabilities)
- Certification in one or more security products
- Consulting background, particularly in security or risk management
- Windows and Linux administration skills
- Understanding of LDAP-based directory services
- Familiarity with programming languages such Java
- Experience with shell scripting or PowerShell scripting
- Familiarity with databases and SQL
- Experience with virtualization tools like VMWare or Hyper-V
- Experience with collaboration and source control tools
- Ability to develop technical specifications from business requirements
- Training or technical certifications
Education/ Level of Experience:
- A BS Degree, preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering
- Must be a US citizen.
Clango is an Equal Opportunity Employer